Thursday, September 27, 2012

They are out and about now

Good Evening!

I had the procedure this morning, as you all know. It went swimmingly. Matt and I got there about 20 minutes early and waited for them to call us in. I got to put on a very attractive gown/hair net combo as seen here --------------->

They went over the retrieval process and what will be going on with the transfer back on on Sunday. Then into the room I went, I was put under and that is about all I remember.

I woke up in a little dark room and the nurse brought me goldfish, a juice pouch, and Matt. I don't know which one I was happier to see. I was so hungry and thirsty at this point. She came back in and said that they were able to get 10 follicles out of the retrieval. So that is good, we are hoping for 8 to fertilize, then assume 3 will stop growing and really are hoping for 5 fertilized embryos when all is said and done.

We left pretty quick after that and even though the doctor said not to, because we are rebels, we went to Buona Beef. I still wasn't going to eat heavy though, I just has a nice caprese panini and ate half, whilst my dear husband had a combo with cheese fries. This story as just to illustrate how annoyed I was that I couldn't have the same (although lord knows I shouldn't!). ;P

ANYways, I feel asleep on the way home and then slept the whole rest of the afternoon until Matt came home from work. So that was from 11-4, needless to say, I was totally out of it. I have been really super sore all day, but I am just starting to feel normal again.

We just took the progesterone shots at 8 and then I am taking some other oral medications that I couldn't name or explain the need for. There are 5 of them including the shot every night.

 I can't wait for the transfer back in. It is so exciting to get this far!!Matt said that I can actually tell pregnant on Sunday because there will be a fertilized egg (two of them) in my uterus. Semantics. We will wait to spread the good news (hopefully!) until after the beta test.

Love you guys! Take care. :)
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment